ماي باور

عزيزى الزائر نرحب بك فى المنتدى ونود انضمامك الينا عملية التسجيل لن تأخذ الا دقائق معدودة

انضم إلى المنتدى ، فالأمر سريع وسهل

ماي باور

عزيزى الزائر نرحب بك فى المنتدى ونود انضمامك الينا عملية التسجيل لن تأخذ الا دقائق معدودة

ماي باور

هل تريد التفاعل مع هذه المساهمة؟ كل ما عليك هو إنشاء حساب جديد ببضع خطوات أو تسجيل الدخول للمتابعة.
ماي باور

معنا نحو مستقبل أفضل

Building Your Own (Minimal) Operating System Oouou-10

المواضيع الأخيرة

» ماكينة تغليف استرتش باليت
Building Your Own (Minimal) Operating System I_icon_minitimeالخميس 30 يوليو - 12:06 من طرف تايجر باك

» الروبوت الالى للتغليف بالاسترتش
Building Your Own (Minimal) Operating System I_icon_minitimeالسبت 21 يونيو - 12:46 من طرف تايجر باك

» ماكينة استرتش بالت بالذراع
Building Your Own (Minimal) Operating System I_icon_minitimeالأحد 1 يونيو - 13:38 من طرف تايجر باك

» سبعة العاب بلاى ستيشن روعة بحجم صغير جدا مع شرح التشغيل
Building Your Own (Minimal) Operating System I_icon_minitimeالإثنين 18 فبراير - 21:02 من طرف الدريملاندحر

» كيف تصبح هاكر
Building Your Own (Minimal) Operating System I_icon_minitimeالأربعاء 21 سبتمبر - 15:28 من طرف egypt man

» تحديث الصفحة اسطوانة تعلم برنامج المونتاج sony vegas فى 24 ساعة
Building Your Own (Minimal) Operating System I_icon_minitimeالثلاثاء 20 سبتمبر - 16:39 من طرف egypt man

» >>> اسطوانة لتعليم الهاكرز باللغة العربية <<< (حقيقة وليست خيال)
Building Your Own (Minimal) Operating System I_icon_minitimeالثلاثاء 20 سبتمبر - 16:24 من طرف egypt man

» اسطوانة تعلم لغة الـ Assembly لصنع الكراكات << باللغة العربية
Building Your Own (Minimal) Operating System I_icon_minitimeالثلاثاء 20 سبتمبر - 15:35 من طرف egypt man

» هذا دي في دي هو مزيج من التطبيقات ، والمتخصصة في نصائح القرصنة لعام 2011 جديد
Building Your Own (Minimal) Operating System I_icon_minitimeالثلاثاء 20 سبتمبر - 14:23 من طرف egypt man

سحابة الكلمات الدلالية

Building Your Own (Minimal) Operating System

egypt man
    egypt man
    الإدارة
    الإدارة

عدد الرسائل : 495
    العمر : 39
    البلد : مصر
    الوظيفة : محاسب
    رابط أى موقع تحبه : mypower.wow3.info
    السٌّمعَة : 7
    نقاط : 724
    تاريخ التسجيل : 29/07/2007

Building Your Own (Minimal) Operating System Empty Building Your Own (Minimal) Operating System

مُساهمة من طرف egypt man الإثنين 9 أغسطس - 18:57

Building Your Own (Minimal) Operating System Gstaroff
    Building Your Own (Minimal) Operating System

posted by Steve Mulder on Fri 31st Jan 2003 07:35 UTC

Building Your Own (Minimal) Operating System 9Why, you might ask, would anyone want to build their own operating system? It's really about being in control and knowing what's going on.In the next few paragraphs I'll explain what motivated me to take on this project, the recipe I used, and what I like about it.I'm not fond of confusion or complexity, so I want an operating system that is clear and simple. I don't want to wait for anything. When I turn my computer on, I'd like it to be ready as fast as a light switch, or at the very least, in about as long as it takes to get a dial tone.
    When I launch a program, I want to use it right now.
    No hour-glass or wait message please. I want all of the programs that I use to be either completely obvious, or well documented with a short learning curve. There should not be any software on my machine that I don't plan to use. All of it should be easy to maintain.
    I haven't seen anything like that. Well, at least not lately. In the 80's , I bought a Commodore-64. As quick as you could throw the switch, it was ready to rock. There was no tinkering with the operating system, it was hard-wired. I used it to develop programs in basic and C. It was great in its time, but it never evolved.
    Eventually, I bought a '286 pc with DOS. I never had much interest in the Windows 3.x series, and didn't use windows until I replaced the DOS box with a new "Windows 98" machine. (When I say "Windows" I mean Microsoft's product, and when I say "windows" I mean any graphical operating system.)
    With Windows it was one damn thing after another. I don't want to sound too harsh, because it usually worked and was
    easy to use. For most people it's a good choice. I just wasn't happy with it. I never felt that I was in control with Windows. When things jammed up, it was usually a total mystery. "Help" didn't help, "Shutdown" wouldn't, "can't find the driver", "page fault",
    "general protection error", etc.
    So I started looking at Linux. I tried out SuSe, Mandrake, Slackware and maybe a dozen other Linux distributions. A lot of them are pretty good, but as often as not I'd run into trouble setting up the X window system or with other software installation or maintenance issues. I was actually starting to miss the "C:" prompt.
    Then I came across something different.
    Gerard Beekmans' "Linux From Scratch" is a "roll your own" Linux
    distribution. You start out with about 80 megabytes of program source code, then compile and install it all (one program at a time) until you have a bootable Linux system. It's remarkably educational, and it's well documented. It's not instant gratification, but once it's working,
    you know where everything is and how it got there.

A basic LFS installation is text only, but there are lots of links explaining how to install X or almost anything else you could want. I just wanted a decent platform for surfing, email, editing and a bit of programming.
    I started with a basic "Linux from Scratch" installation,
    then got my network connection working . After that, my plan was to add the minimum amount of software for an effective desktop environment.
    John Murray's article
    "Building The Lo-Fat Linux Desktop" was my main guide for selecting lean and effective software.
    Here's what I picked:
    utilities: nano which wget
    graphics driver: XFree86
    graphics libraries:gtk glib jpeg png
    window manager: Blackbox
    console window: Rxvt
    text editor: Nedit
    file manager: X File Explorer
    web/file browser: Dillo
    browser,mail,news: Mozilla*
    ps/pdf viewer: GSview
    image editor: Gimp*

*(Mozilla and Gimp don't really qualify as lean, but I like what they do and I don't mind waiting five seconds for them to load.)
    The result is a fairly boring desktop that does everything I need and very little else. I don't even use wallpaper or desktop icons. Here's a screenshot of it in action.
    I have installed this system on several pc's, always with good results. It's not trying to do too much, so it's quite responsive even on older hardware. My Celeron 300A has no problem with it. It hardly ever jams up, but when it does, I usually have a pretty good idea how to fix it.

It doesn't start up nearly as quick as my Commodore-64 did. Booting takes about twenty seconds. When I get tired of that, I suppose I could get some help from the folks at "LinuxBIOS". I've read that their boot times are somewhere between light switch and dial tone.
    This installation, without the source files, takes about 450M of space. The source files take about 220M, so it all fits easily on one CD.
    It was a little more work than most distributions, but I think it was worth it.
    About the Author:
    Steve is an optical engineer in Windsor, Ontario. He writes programs using C++ and OpenGL to solve problems in lighting design, and prefers larger computers because the little ones are too hard to take apart.

الوقت/التاريخ الآن هو الجمعة 26 أبريل - 23:06